Shop Quality Manager
Company: Michelin North America
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Shop Quality ManagerMichelin is hiring!- - - - - - - - - - -
-MISSION :The Shop Quality Manager is critical to the success of
the Company and the people you lead while working in an innovative
and fast-paced environment. Keeping in scope the highest quality
performance with progress goals fully realized through the
application and implementation of Michelin's world class practices.
These high standards are rooted in the functions of variation
reduction, root cause analysis and problem solving using the 5 why
approach.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work in a team-based work environment.
- Lead, manage, and mentor an impactful team for the organization
within your hierarchical responsibility
- Utilize problem solving tools in a cross functional diverse
team to eliminate process waste.
- Collect and analyze data to solve problems and help drive
- Ensure products manufactured by the team comply with Michelin's
quality specifications, planning model and obtention standards
- Build and implement progress plans that will improve quality
- Ensure quality performance within the shop aligns with plant
goals, established progress goals and overall shop quality
objectives (scrap, defect rate and right the first time)
- Evaluate and validate all non-compliance, complaints,
abnormalities and performance deviations in the shop with an
appropriate level of reaction
- Provide opportunities to learn and grow in all aspects of the
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of implemented actions.
- Follow up on process performance in terms of capability and
productivity taking part in ensuring permanent improvements are
- Participate in capacity planning for products, materials,
processes, and methods.
- Provide feedback on compliance and standards to
- Develop guidelines and standards for operators based on quality
referential.WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to
interact in a professional manner with at all levels of the
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills and process/product
- Effective communicator with peers, management, employees,
customers, and vendors
- Knowledge of problem solving methodology (A3, Six Sigma, etc.),
ISO 9000, ISO 14000, AIAG quality methodology, statistical process
control, and process capability all strongly preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel) and Power BI.
- Proven history of people development and motivation of
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment where best
in class quality and innovation are essential
- Seeking candidates with engineering degree with 2-4 years prior
management experience or quality process experience in a
manufacturing environment for 3-5 yearsInspire Motion for Life:
Apply Today!As the leading mobility company, we work with tires,
around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated
to enhancing our clients' mobility and sustainability, Michelin
designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and
solutions for our customers' needs. Michelin provides digital
services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make
them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we
invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to
serve a wide a variety of industries-from aerospace to biotech.
Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America
has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production
facilities in the United States and Canada.MICHELIN tires have been
ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by
industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades
we've been recognized for our achievements in Customer
Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and
Innovation.Michelin cares for the personal and professional
development of its employees. We support career advancement through
various options, which include: skill and career development,
training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams.
We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in
an environment where unique contributions are valued.Michelin
offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive
groups created and led by employees who have shared life
experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group
supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the
needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel
welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage
professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support,
career management resources and opportunities for community
involvement.Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information (including family medical history),
political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based
factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides
reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with
disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need
accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a
disability, please contact us at .This position is not available
for immigration sponsorship.Get in the driver's seat and be on your
way to a meaningful professional journey!
Keywords: Michelin North America, Columbia , Shop Quality Manager, Executive , Lexington, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...