RN Clinical Manager - Home Health - 5k Sign On Bonus
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Responsible for the supervision, management, coordination and
provision of quality patient care while demonstrating fiscal
responsibility and maintaining the highest standards of care and
ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory
requirements. This role also accountable for measuring, monitoring,
and managing quality of patient care, achievement of key
performance indicators and organizational clinical performance.
- Develops, plans, implements, analyzes and organizes clinical
operations for the care center.
- Reviews requests for services and determines patient
eligibility and suitability for home care services. Works with
intake in coordinating patient referrals and admissions.
- Oversees scheduling activities to ensure patient needs are met.
Reviews assignments as appropriate with the patient services
coordinator and professional and support staff.
- Oversees payor verification and pre-certification requirements.
Communicates with payors and their representatives with updates and
responds to requests for information.
- Responsible for review of documentation of other staff members
including the Oasis data collection, starts of care,
re-certification, physician orders, daily progress notes and other
related documents ensuring appropriateness of care, delivery and
documentation requirements are met. Ensures missing, incomplete
and/or untimely documentation issues are resolved.
- Oversees and assists clinicians in establishing immediate and
long-term patient goals, setting priorities and developing Plan of
Care (POC). Responsible to oversee the management and delivery of
patient care, including utilization management, episode management
and patient outcomes. Oversees the assignment of the appropriate
clinical pathways and implementation of the plan of care and
physicians' orders for patients.
- Oversees clinicians in the provision of care and services
requiring substantial and specialized professional skills set (per
applicable discipline practice act and standards of practice) and
in accordance with the plan of care signed by the physician.
- Oversees the professional staff to ensure timely communication
of changes in the patient condition to the physician and receipt of
necessary changes in orders. Ensures communication of changes in
the plan of care to the appropriate staff.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates the needs of the patient;
initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to
the patient's plan of care in collaboration with the clinicians
- Leads regular patient care conferences and promotes
coordination and communication of information relevant to the care
of the patient to ensure quality of care.
- May provide direct patient care on an infrequent basis and only
in times of emergency.
- Participates in on call process, including admin on call,
preparing on call schedule, supporting the on-call process.
- Participates in agency quality assurance activities designed to
improve quality and continuity of patient care. Performs chart
audits and other activities of data collection.
- Responds to Additional Documentation Requests/Denials as
directed by the regulatory affairs department.
- Assists with and coordinates training of appropriate staff to
ensure quality care, compliance, and fiscal responsibility.
- Instructs and guides clinicians to promote effective
performance and delivery of quality home care services and is
always available during operating hours to assist clinicians as
- Assists other disciplines in coordinating activities when
necessary, assuming responsibility for continuity, appropriateness
and quality of services delivered.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance, including through
on-site evaluations. Holds employees accountable for the attainment
of defined goals and objectives. Executes effective performance
redirection and corrective action when needed. Develops employees
through coaching, mentoring, and formal/on the job training and
- Works cooperatively with the Director of Operations on
addressing staffing, referral sources, physician and client
concerns/needs. Documents incidents or errors involving schedule
problems and/or any other concern as appropriate.
- Participates in the investigation and resolution of
- Partners with operations and business development staff in
meeting budgeted admission goals. Participates in sales and
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
- One (1+) years of supervisory and/or management experience as a
Registered Nurse in a healthcare environment.
- One (1+) year of RN experience in a Home Health or Hospice
- Current CPR certification.Amedisys is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys, Columbia , RN Clinical Manager - Home Health - 5k Sign On Bonus, Executive , Lexington, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...