Category Manager - Meat
Company: Lowes Foods
Posted on: August 6, 2022
To achieve sales, profit and Guest satisfaction goals by acting as
the category expert. Develops programs to position us to win in the
- Ensures that products are organized into categories that
reflect Guest buying habits.
- Using internal scan movement and IRI or Nielsen market data,
develop and execute a plan for each category to achieve retail
sales and gross margin profits, market share goals and specified
positioning. Collaborates with vendor partners, retail operations,
and warehouse (MDI and WLF). Considers how implementation of the
plan at retail effects the total yield of the category and/or
organization (Alex Lee).
- Determines the correct product assortment for our Guests in
current and new markets. Works closely with our retail planning
department to complete planograms and their successful
implementation. Closely monitors the results of these resets to
make sure we achieve the desired goals of the process.
- Negotiates with vendors for the lowest cost of goods.
Understands and analyzes vendor cost and promotional allowance
structures and how our net cost of goods compares to our
- Sets promotional plans for items and categories that increase
sales to the Guest, satisfy vendor requirements and achieve the
desired total net profits. Works closely with marketing, eCommerce,
and advertising to develop ideas for promotion and advertising and
ensure their correct implementation.
- Stays abreast of changes in the marketplace in assigned
categories (retail pricing, variety, etc.) by visiting our stores
and the competition on a regular basis. Include regular visits to
traditional competitors as well as non-traditional
- Monitors retail prices and strategy. Recommends any changes
- Monitors results through internal data, IRI/Neilsen tracking,
and vendor reporting. The Manager should be able to interpret this
data and make informed decisions about the category.
- Works closely with members of the MDI/WLF buying staff to
ensure we are achieving desired combined goals and service
- Communicates all plans and promotions clearly to necessary
Candidate should possess the qualities associated with Alex Lee
values. Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in business or
related area. Retail store experience, preferably to at least the
department manager or co-manager level. Candidate should be skilled
in negotiation, analysis, planning and organizational skills.
Computer proficiency in email, Excel, Word, Power BI, IRI, or
Nielsen marketing systems, and other internal systems is necessary.
Due to the need for influencing many areas of the Alex Lee
organization, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are
required, including conflict resolution.
Keywords: Lowes Foods, Columbia , Category Manager - Meat, Executive , Scranton, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!