Co-Manager - Sumter, SC
Company: Lowes Foods
Posted on: August 6, 2022
To assure the effective and profitable operation of the assigned
retail store including the development of all employees assigned to
that store. To actively pursue self-development and proficiency in
the skills necessary to be assigned as a store manager.
1. Assists the store manager in implementing an in-store
sales-building culture that ensures growth through: execution of
company merchandising programs and weekly sales plans in each
department, planning and executing weekly sales themes, ensuring
in-stock conditions throughout the store and actively participates
in weekly sales meetings.
2. Provides for desired levels of customer satisfaction, courtesy
and service throughout the store, with special emphasis on our
front-end fast service commitment.
3. Accountable for achieving budgeted financial results in assigned
area of responsibility and assists store manager in achieving total
4. Protects company assets: merchandise, cash, facilities and
equipment. Conducts weekly manager audits on front-end, DSD
receiving and pricing. Assists the manager to ensure all required
shrink functions are performed.
5. Effectively controls store variable expenses, including
achieving budgeted wage percent.
6. Assists in the staffing of the store, including forecasting of
needs, recruitment and training. Additionally, builds a talent
planning bench for the store, including developing and executing
development plans for all hi-potential and promotable
7. Ensures direct reports understand expectations for performance,
holds them accountable to achieve budgeted results and meets with
them to review performance and provide feedback (ongoing and annual
8. Constant awareness and reaction to store conditions through
frequent and detailed store walks.
9. Effectively trains and develops store management team,
especially department managers, to ensure the necessary bench for
our growth. Acts as a resource for these leaders in their
10. Ensures sanitation and food safety standards are maintained
throughout the store (as measured through internal and external
11. Creates an atmosphere that ensures positive store morale
through effective supervisory treatment and recognition. The
workforce should be enthusiastic, customer focused and embedded in
a selling culture.
12. Provides and facilitates effective communications to Store
Manager, Field Merchandisers and store employees.
13. Ensures stores are run in compliance with company standards (as
measured by ALI audits).
14. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local statutes,
regulations and company policies.
15. Maintains a safe facility for customers and employees.
The incumbent should possess the knowledge and skills generally
associated with a Bachelor's degree plus 1-2 years supermarket
Keywords: Lowes Foods, Columbia , Co-Manager - Sumter, SC, Executive , Sumter, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!