Assistant General Manager - Now Hiring
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Assistant General Manager position will help their General
Manager meet station operational, sales and profitability
objectives and serve our customer's needs through a trained,
friendly, responsive staff and according to our company procedures,
policies and goals. They will help to serve our customer needs and
wants always resulting in satisfied, repeat customers; to help the
manager maintain inventory, cash, and forms according to company
requirements; to help manage all aspects of the store/station to
achieve company goals through its mission.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide outstanding service to customers, serve as role model
for employees, and make customer service a number one priority at
- Monitor all areas of the property to maintain safety,
cleanliness, adequate product, service standards, and
- Know and able to perform every task within the store and
station; perform all duties of a sales associate, as
- Keep current in knowledge and awareness of all safety concerns
and provide and maintain a safe environment.
- Help the manager train, develop, and coach employees to achieve
their potential in their jobs.
- Help meet weekly and monthly store and station performance
goals as set by the Operations Team.
- Complete all assigned store tasks and activities as required to
meet company standards and store goals.
- Help the General Manager manage the employees' activities and
assigned duties for proper execution and timely completion.
- Help Execute all enmarket Marketing and promotional programs as
designed and on time.
- See that all employees follow all company policies and Laws
dealing with the sale of alcohol beverages and tobacco
- Help GM set work schedules that stay within the location's
labor budget for total hours and overtime hours.
- Help train and maintain skills and service levels of employees
so they provide the highest level of company customer service.
- Contribute to the GM's performance review of employees to
maintain and increase employee performance.
- Resolve Customer complaints and problems quickly and
- Maintain the station to the enmarket Standards of
- Help promote sales and build profits by modeling excellent
customer service skills for employees, maintaining a well stocked,
clean environment, and implementing the various sales promotions
- Complete daily and scheduled reports accurately and make
deposits according to time requirements and company procedures when
assigned these tasks.
- Must learn to accurately complete Build To book for cigarette
and grocery ordering by company procedures. Complete orders on time
and accurate for proper inventory levels.
- Assume active responsibility for accurately and carefully
handling and accounting for all money and inventory to make sure
reports balance and no losses occur.
- Assist in the counting of cigarettes and balancing and
investigating any shortages.
- Follow the correct vendor check-in procedures as defined in the
operations manual and make sure all employees follow the
- Have ability to resolve vendor issues in a professional
- Follow all money policies and procedures including safe drop
and cash drawer policies and audit the cashiers for
- Follow the company video security procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of credit card and check processing procedures as
well as cash handling and banking procedures.
- Understand and respond to pricing policies in a timely
- Use company policies and procedures to maintain inventory and
- Implement and enforce all company policies and local, state and
- Able to bend, stretch, reach, locate, stack, and lift inventory
weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Able to compute money; to hear, understand, and respond to
requests; to communicate information clearly and
- Able to use a computer for business functions.
- Understand retail inventory procedures and cost base inventory
- Able to work nights and weekends.
- Maintain and develop your management and interpersonal skills
so that you can effectively meet challenges such as staff conflict
resolution, customer service issues, and implementation of new
technology to improve station performance.
- Provide leadership reflective of company mission
- Performing basic math functions (adding, subtracting,
multiplying, dividing, fractions, percentages); understanding
volume, pounds, etc.
- Knowledge of systems, equipment uses and cleaning processes,
maintenance of equipment and sense of mechanical functioning.
- Cooperating and getting along with co-workers.
- Assumes responsibility to follow through on details.
- Always have a friendly and positive attitude.
Reports to: General Manager
Keywords: Enmarket, Columbia , Assistant General Manager - Now Hiring, Executive , Bamberg, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!