General Manager, Environmental - West Columbia, SC
Company: Pace Analytical Services LLC
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Plans, organizes and administers service and operational programs
and activities, including lab, services, field and related areas
for facility which may include services centers and small bolt-on
laboratories; provides expert professional assistance to corporate
management staff in service, operational and related matters.
Groups are typically varied and intermediate to complex in
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of
the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to
perform job-related duties other than those contained in this
document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge
1. Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives,
policies, procedures and work standards for assigned facility(s);
directs the preparation and administration of the facility's
2. Develops, implements and oversees all services and operations
initiatives, programs and systems; groups are varied in nature.
3. Responsible for strategic direction of the services and
operational function for the group; groups are varied in
4. Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the
activities of assigned staff.
5. Directs and participates in operational, monthly and cross
functional meetings; ensures compliance with federal, state, local,
and institutional standards, regulations and policies regarding
operational and services in the handling of internal and customer
related issues; areas are intermediate to complex.
6. Provides recommendations to executive management for improvement
of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on service
and operations matters.
7. Anticipates and resolves litigation risks; investigates
incidents and exposures; provides remediation recommendations.
8. Compiles, analyzes and reports of operational and service
metrics to senior leadership.
9. Manages special projects by identifying issues and priorities;
communicates, coordinates, and evaluates results.
10. Maintains currency of regulations, industry trends, current
practices, new developments, applicable laws, and legislation.
11. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the
department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and
directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (continued)
12. Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by
demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting
with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a
harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, operations, or a closely
related field; AND seven (7) years of managerial experience; OR an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and
certificates being maintained in active status without suspension
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Expert principles, practices and techniques of service and
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal
setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and
the management of employees.
- Advanced principles and practices of developing teams,
motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and practices of budget development and
- Applicable service and operational laws, codes and
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from
various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds,
occasionally where relations may be confrontational or
- Advanced principles and techniques of providing effective oral
- Advanced principles and practices of program planning,
development and evaluation.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and
- Planning, organizing and administering a comprehensive and
varied services and operational support functions.
- Effective and efficient management of programs and staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies,
procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to
meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most
cost effective and efficient manner.
- Performing expert professional-level service and operational
duties in a variety of assigned areas.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes
- Providing consulting services to supervisors and managers.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other
written materials to various levels of the organization.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established
organizational and leadership guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those
contacted in the course of the work.
- Performing effective oral presentations to large and small
groups and to various levels of the organization.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work
unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the
The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office
equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength
to lift and carry up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials
and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in
person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in an office setting. Work is subject to
Keywords: Pace Analytical Services LLC, Columbia , General Manager, Environmental - West Columbia, SC, Executive , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!