Licensed Optician - General Manager
Company: America's Best
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Company DescriptionAt National Vision, Inc. (NVI), we believe
everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help
people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and
accessible.NVI is one of the largest optical retail companies in
the United States with over 1,200 stores in 44 states plus the
District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. We operate five retail
brands: America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World,
Vision Centers inside select Walmart stores and Vista Optical
inside Fred Meyer stores and on select military bases. With a team
of over 13,000 Associates including a network of over 2,000
optometrists, we offer an innovative culture where training is a
priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.We
are looking for a Licensed General Manager to join our growing
team.The Licensed General Manager will provide management of all
facets of a retail stores' operations, including but not limited
to, the daily operation of a retail area including personnel
management, budgetary controls, inventory controls, etc. while
maintaining the highest level of customer service.Job
DescriptionWhat would you do? - The Specifics
- Achieve and maintain the highest level of customer
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e.
reviewing the P&L).
- Monitor sales results against budgeted.
- Ensure all store associates achieve and maintain the highest
level of customer service.
- Investigate and compile competitive information.
- Provide daily and weekly statistics to District Manager and
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising
are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current
- Hire, supervise and train all store associates.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
- Interface and maintain appropriate professional relations with
the doctor, other NVI associates and customers.Qualifications Are
you the right fit? - The Suitable Talent
- Language Ability- Ability to read, analyze and interpret
general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Math Ability- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain license as required by state.
- Management experience in retail and/or optical industry.
- ABO & NCLE Certified
- Proficient computer skills.Additional InformationWhat are the
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.National Vision is an
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: America's Best, Columbia , Licensed Optician - General Manager, Executive , Lexington, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!