Company: RATP Dev
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Responsible for the overall management of the transit system.
The General Manager provides oversight, direction, and coordination
of staff in the provision of cost effective, efficient and reliable
transit services. This work is done within available financial
resources in compliance with governmental regulations and
directives from senior management and client. This position is
responsible for maintaining effective working relationships within
the system as well as the firm's constituents (passengers, general
public, employers, governmental agencies, elected officials, and
transportation advisory boards) in order to promote financial and
public support for the transit services.Essential Functions/Process
Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be
assigned as necessary:
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with company policies
and the client's rules/directives, managing within the agency's
allocated budget, and responding to client's requests for
- Work cooperatively with The COMET staff in matters of assuring
quality service, operational data, responding to comments from
passengers/general public and responding to specific requests for
other assistance as needs arise.
- Responsible for monitoring all aspects of service including but
not limited to The COMET ridership, quality of service, fare
collection, operations, maintenance/repairs, attitudes, motivation
and employee performance.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and
effective communications with client's staff, advisory and advocacy
boards, community organizations and constituents/consumers.
- Ensures that all activities are consistent with adopted
policies, governmental regulations, and the transit interests of
the public, company, client, and governmental body.
- Oversight of all personnel development activities to include:
hiring, continuing education, and promotion of team members.
- Conducts systems and process planning as it relates to budget
forecasting, organization, personnel development, and marketing
- Possesses a precise comprehension of Organization and Company
Structure as it relates to the client, municipality, service area,
and overall responsibility of the transit system or agency.
- Monitors data of ongoing service, maintenance and training
activities to identify, evaluate, and improve performance. Creates
reporting and analysis to improve overall performance.
- Directs and facilitates the flow of funding from Federal,
State, Local, and Business Transit Partners.
- Manages and has an overall knowledge of regulatory compliance
with Federal, State, and Local Agencies.
- Responds to legal actions including involvement with client,
insurance, and company attorneys to defend theclient and company
against employment and liability claims.
- Directs the reporting of financial, human resource, customer
service, maintenance, operations, training, safetyand security
functions of the transit system or agency for company, client, and
- Administers compliance and interpretation of union labor
agreement, including specified grievance process.Participates and
has an active role in arbitrations involving pending grievances,
- Negotiates or assists Chief Negotiator during collective
bargaining process and negotiations, where applicable.
- Functions as a tactful communicator and motivator that
identifies problem solving and resolution mattersassociated with
the overall safety and well-being of the operation and transit
- Functions as a support liaison to facilitate communication and
resolution of issues between customer, vendors, internal
departments, and local municipal agencies; functions as the
spokesperson for the agency and the company for all public
- This position shall work a minimum of (8) hours per day; 40
hours per week; at least (5) days during transitservice hours.
- This position must reside in Authorities service area of
Richland or Lexington counties on a full time basis.Preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree o r equivalent experience, preferably in the
- Minimum (4) years on increasingly responsible
management/transit industry experience that employ 150 ormore FTE
in a union environment within the last (8) years.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
including experience in presenting and speaking togroups.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Word and Excel
- Maintenance experience, preferred
- Experience in working with local governments or
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective
- Working knowledge of compliance standards in related areas:
FTA, FMCSA, DOT, OSHA, Homeland Security andother state/local
- Management experience in union environment preferable.
- Management experience in daily operation of transit operations,
maintenance, finance, personnel management,labor relations,
transportation safety, and transit regulatory requirements.
- Experience utilizing data to identify trends in the business
that support strategic and tactical adjustments toongoing
operations.Developmental Experiences & Educational Training:
- Service planning - through college education, planning role,
- Contract management - shadowing/mentoring to gain working
knowledge of contracts; participating in contractdevelopment with
senior leaders and negotiator
- Budget preparation - college course work, working budget
sessions w/budget officer and procurement -forecast based on past,
present and future growth; FTA Financial Management Oversight
workshop; partnerwith existing SME on topic
- Procurement processes - college course work; FTA Procurement
workshop; working with a procurement officerif available; partner
with existing SME on topic; FTA Best Practices manual; AFTA
workshop; NIGP course catalog;NTI bus procurement workshop APTA
conference sessions; DBE understanding
- Scheduling - common knowledge of scheduling process - NTI
run-cutting class, APTA run-cutting class, TSIcourses; knowledge of
scheduling software via vendor education; in- house SME's
- Triennial Review - attend FTA workshop; QAR audit review
- Leadership Classes - communications, public speaking, team
building (through Employment Associations,participation in federal
and state associations, private organizations, local colleges,
- FTA Reporting - TrAMS database - regional training, NTI on-line
courses , company SME's
- Human Resources - Drug/Alcohol training through RLS or other
substance abuse provider, DOT annualconference; Workplace Violence,
Sexual Harassment (on-line classes, college courses, Employment
Associations; OSHA, W/C through NTI; DOT medical cards through DOT;
diversity training; ADA workshops with local agencies or NTI
classes; Conflict Resolution training; Time Management; FLSA;
- Labor - Federal Mediation Conciliation Services provides
training; hands-on by attending with labor negotiations, shadowing
other management on grievance procedures; must understand labor
- Title Six of Civil Rights Act - NTI class; NTA, QAR's
- Environmental compliance - must understand
- Public policy - mentorship, involvement in community; college
- KPI training
Keywords: RATP Dev, Columbia , General Manager, Executive , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!