Shakespeare - Business Manager - Military
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Shakespeare - Business Manager - MilitaryColumbia, SC, USA Req
#111 Monday, December 7, 2020SHAKESPEARE COMPANY LLC, a Jadex Inc.
company, is a US-based manufacturer of both industrial and consumer
products for a wide variety of industries and
applications.Shakespeare-- industrial products are tailored to the
customer's unique needs and include custom engineered nylon resins,
performance monofilaments, and conductive fibers used as raw
materials in finished goods ranging from automotive components to
medical applications. The company operates under the Shakespeare--,
Rino-Tuff--, and Weed Warrior-- brands in the lawn & garden
category and is a major player in the mass merchant channel as the
primary universal fit solution for trimmer line, heads, and
accessories. The brand is known worldwide within the marine
electronics industry for marine radio antennas with a portfolio of
connectivity solutions and accessories to help keep boaters
connected and safe. Maintaining communications is of utmost
importance to military forces across the world and Shakespeare--'s
line of military antenna products plays a critical role in
achieving mission success.Position SummaryThe Business Manager -
Military is responsible for growing the Shakespeare's Military
Products Group through R&D, product development and systems
integration of military antennas by identifying and securing new
business, as well as maintaining professional relationships with
the existing customer base. In addition to bid and proposal
activities, the Business Development Manager is responsible for
differentiating Shakespeare from competition through strategic
growth, new business planning, forecasting, market and competitive
research, customer and partner relationship management, market and
opportunity development. This position also includes the duties of
an Empowered Official with the responsibility for export control
and compliance under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Responsible for direction and coordination of all Military
Products sales and marketing functions to achieve the company's
- Develops and executes a strategic sales strategy for the market
segment. Based on analysis of customer research, develops a
strategy to establish new business, expand and grow existing
business. Identifies and/or develops customer needs.
- Manage the Military Products P/L.
- Serve as the Empowered Official for the company with respect to
ITAR and all activities associated with it.
- Prepare and conduct presentations /reports for existing and
potential new clients and staff levels, including the SR VP
&GM, and other corporate executives.
- Negotiates and establishes teaming agreements with key
strategic partners based on analysis of marketplace and the needs
for key prime pursuits.
- Develop strong client relationships on all levels.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of important market trends.
- Participate in key industry events, maintain high level of
- Provide technical input into the overall business strategy to
deliver products according to market demands.Secondary Functions
- Be a strong team player in the management of the business.
- Identify future industry trends.
- Cost and Proposal Development for RFP / RFI /
- Develop and maintain website.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain
a security clearance.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work-related experience, with
a minimum of 5 years' experience in business development in the
defense and aerospace market.
- Prior Military Service is a plus preferably senior
Non-Commissioned Officer (E7-E9), Junior Officer (O3-O4).
- Business Development or sales experience in defense
communications / tactical radio / antennas / C4I systems.
- Working knowledge of DOD program environment, particularly FAR,
ITAR, and DSS requirements; Program Management training and
experience is a plus.
- Extensive customer experience working with the DoD and Defense
Prime Contractors in programs ranging from programs of record,
R&D, product development and production.
- Proven track record of identifying decisions makers in customer
organizations, building a rapport, and influencing decisions;
Previous relationships with Defense Prime Contractor and DoD
decision-makers and senior military leaders is a plus.
- Possess exceptional communication skills (both written and
verbal) and leadership qualities; Team-player with ability to
influence and motivate others to support capture of new
opportunities; Innovative, enthusiastic and open to new ideas;
Enjoy teamwork and excel in a dynamic multi-tasking
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% with it possibly reaching
more than 50% at times, to prospective and existing customer
facilities, trade shows, field demonstrations and foreign
countries.The above statements describe the general nature and
level of responsibilities for this position and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of this position. Company management may assign
other relevant, business-related duties.At Jadex, we don't just
accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive
on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our
community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and
is an affirmative action employer.Other details
Keywords: Shakespeare, Columbia , Shakespeare - Business Manager - Military, Executive , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!