Company: Seibels Services Group, Inc
Posted on: February 15, 2020
At Seibels, we seek Team Members who have a passion for work, a
thirst for knowledge, and a hunger for learning more. If this
sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your
application for the Manager, PMO position!
The Manager of PMO is responsible for managing all PMO related
projects with the intention of improving the companys performance.
In addition, this individual manages program issues and risks,
assists with project resources, and budgets control activities to
ensure on-time and accurate completion of projects. The individual
directly supervises all PMO staff by providing overall direction,
training, coaching, and assessment. The Manager of PMO also
provides leadership, guidance, and mentoring to other project
management resources. Essential Duties
- Monitors and reports on project management governance,
methodology, training initiatives under the project plan, best
practices, and standards;
- Monitors compliance with agreed upon project policies,
procedures, templates, and other shared documentation
(organizational process assets);
- Ensures a retrospective / lessons learned analysis is conducted
and documented on each project assigned;
- Tracks progress across the project portfolio, coordinates
delivery dates and collates, maintains, and highlights changes to
project plans in accordance with Program Management Office (PMO)
- Maintains and administers document and knowledge management in
JIRA for program documentation and ensures that JIRA/Confluence is
used appropriately and consistently across all project teams
following PMO practices.
- Supports overall program related activities including
coordination of program and project meetings, documentation, and
publication of minutes.
- Ensures that program procedures and standards are in compliance
with Seibels policies and procedures.
- Develops and continually improves program standards,
procedures, and methodologies, including corrective
- Guards against scope creep and supports Seibels project scope
change management process.
- Prepares and maintains responsibility for annual PMO planning
and budgeting activities.
- Provides program leadership, communication, organization,
coordination, and quality assurance of active projects.
- Develops, coordinates, and publishes project status reports
including financial status and performance of the overall project
portfolio and maintains project portfolio performance dashboards
and executive reporting.
- Manages the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
Coordinates communication and ensures visibility and transparency
across projects and to all sponsors, stakeholders and Executive
- Collaborates with IT and the business units and ensures the
proper skills and resource needs (both business and IT) are
identified and approved as dedicated resources for the project.
Monitors resource allocations and reports resource impact on
- Ensures adherence to the established Steering Committee
governance for the following:
- Reviewing, vetting, prioritizing and approving the project work
assigned to the PMO across the company,
- Review and disposition of all project change controls,
- Resolution of any conflicts between departments or otherwise
arising under the steering committee governance process.
- Ensures that the IT iteration process is adhering to the
approved processes / procedures, and that they are being followed
consistently for New Client on-boarding, large scale system
implementations, and ongoing iteration work. Partners with Account
Management to ensure proper client engagement at all phases of
projects, and work is being delivered in accordance with the
priority agreed to with the customer.
- Directs, manages and oversees Project Managers and the Quality
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience overseeing and reporting on
Guidewire, Nutanix, and other current technology platforms
- Jira experience preferred; or must learn within 120 days of
- 3+ years demonstrated track record of leading team
- Scrum Master certification required
- PMP certification required
- Insurance related projects preferred
- Understanding of software development and infrastructure
- Experience in managing project budgets.
- Desired computer skills include: Project Management Software,
Email, MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and Excel
Keywords: Seibels Services Group, Inc, Columbia , Manager, PMO, Executive , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!