Mechanic Manufacturing I
Company: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Requisition ID: 57027
Posting Locations: Bishopville
[ Link Removed ]
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career advancement and
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
* Paid Training
* Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
* 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* Group Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
* Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
Schedule: 2nd Shift, 1PM-9:30PM, Monday-Friday. Must be available
on Weekends and Holidays per business needs.
The Maintenance Mechanic I is responsible for repairing and
maintaining all assets in the production facility. This position
also responds promptly to equipment breakdowns and repairs the
machinery in a timely manner and performs planned and unscheduled
work, as necessary. The Maintenance Mechanic I also maintains a
safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures,
rules, and regulations; conserves maintenance resources by using
equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results; and
maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking
stock to determine inventory level as well as anticipating needed
equipment, parts, and supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic
tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following
diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
* Monitors and maintains multiple pieces of equipment by correctly
completing assigned PM's; performing corrective maintenance work
orders; filling out all paperwork, work orders, parts usage, and
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques, monitoring compliance, and
assisting production as needed to keep the line running at top
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Read and follow SOPs or instructions
* Computer skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Competency in monitoring and adjusting equipment speeds,
temperatures, and liquid levels
* Identify and troubleshoot complex process issues
* Make mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic
* Preferred ability to read blueprints, electrical prints, and
* Ability to comprehend complex processing equipment
* Individual needs to possess initiative to further technical
* Experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs) required
* High school diploma or GED
* Knowledge acquired through 1 to up to 3 years of work
* Advanced knowledge with preferred 2 plus years experience in
plant maintenance and high speed production equipment, and, or
certification of technical schooling in this area.
Noisy, wet, and extreme temperature environment
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, Columbia , Mechanic Manufacturing I, Engineering , Bishopville, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!