Posted on: November 19, 2021
Automotive Industry Supplier/ManufacturerThis Jobot Job is
hosted by: Ben JosephAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the
"Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $70,000 -
$90,000 per yearA bit about us:American worldwide supplier of
drivetrain, sealing, and thermal-management technologies.Why join
us?great benefits, work culture, advancement opportunitiesJob
DetailsEssential Duties and Responsibilities 1.Provide support for
programming and troubleshooting of production equipment,
computerized equipment, Personal Computers, and Programmable Logic
Controls.2.Support model year changes and warranty process
changes.3.Design and implement process changes to improve cost,
safety, quality, speed, and data integrity.4.Maintain and
troubleshoot computerized machinery.5.Provide technical support as
needed.6.Assist with special projects.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following. Other
duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide day-to-day support for all division PLCs and their
related hardware, software and equipment.
- Respond to the needs of users concerning the use of the
equipment, troubleshooting, problem solving and training.
- Implement standard engineering practices as well as provide
detailed documentation upon project completion.
- Recommend architect and develop PLC solutions to meet the needs
of the business as it relates to manufacturing operations.
- Design and engineering of programmable logic controls (PLCs)
and modifications for a wide variety of manufacturing production
equipment and maintain schematics.
- SCADA system and HMI controls development
- Represent and/or Support Engineering team during the R&D
phase of new machines and concepts
- Direct electrical assembly activities such as panel fabrication
and component wiring
- Specifying and correctly applying a variety of robotic
multi-axis motion control platforms
- Machine vision
- Systems integration of 3rd party equipment and peripherals
- Technical writingOther Duties
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Serve on teams or committees as needed.Job
Qualifications/RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Should be a self-starter and possess initiative and be able to
work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and displays a
- Able to work a flexible schedule and overtime when needed and
be available by telephone during off hours to assist in trouble
shooting system breakdowns
- Should have excellent project management and organizational
skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of products and production processes.
- Knowledge of quality control standards and systems
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Concentrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft
Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc..
- 1 to 3 years of experience working as a PLC technician or
engineer designing PLC's and modifications
- Must possess experience in network systems and terminal
- Computer and controls programming experience in relevant
programming languages including ---Siemens and Allen-Bradley
PLC---Rockwell Software SQL---Microsoft SQL Database
programming---Human-Machine Interface (HMI) software---Visual
- Experience working on Electric Motor Starters, Motion
Controllers, Drives, Disconnects and Switch Gears
- Must be able to setup and maintain data collection
- Able to integrate a variety of field instrumentation such as
flow meters, automatic valves, pressure transmitters, proximity
switches, temperature controllers and measuring devices.
- Competent in robot integration and possess knowledge of
"ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012: Industrial Robots and Robotic Systems -
- Working knowledge of NEC Article 409, "NFPA 79: Electrical
Standard for Industrial Machinery", and UL 508A (Supplement
- Able to create/update electrical schematics using CADKEY, Solid
Edge or AutoCAD
- Ability to travel including the possibility of international
travel. Driver's license and passport required.
- Eligibility to work in the US, sponsorship is not
availablePhysical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods
of time; stoop, kneel, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, grasp, and
pinch on a continual basis; and work with oils and lubricants.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-20
pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 20-50 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment
such as computer, calculator, copiers and FAX machines. The
employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol
testing.Work Environment While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The noise level in the
work environment is unusually loud. Other activities include
sitting for extended periods of time and extensive work at a
computer and/or calculator and regular use of the
telephone.Education and/or Experience RequirementsBSEE from an
accredited university or college (or equivalent training and
experience) and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
utilizing the skills listed above. Professional Quality
Accreditation preferred. Prior experience in the automotive
industry is preferred. Must have a good command of the English
language, both written and verbal.Personal Protective Equipment
- The use of Safety Glasses required
- Ear Plugs must be worn at all times unless otherwise
- Approved Safety Shoes are also required.Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory
responsibilities.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Columbia , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!