Quality Engineer - 2nd Shift (Stoneblower)
Company: Harsco Rail
Location: West Columbia
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Harsco is recognized for technical leadership and worldwide
experience in virtually all major aspects of railway track
maintenance. We enable railroads to operate at peak efficiency over
smooth, precisely aligned track that increases railway safety while
reducing fuel consumption and other key operating costs. Our broad
array of equipment and services support every type of railway
operator, from major national and international railway systems, to
short lines and high-speed urban transit networks.
- Responsible for updating and coordinating the maintenance of
work instructions/standard work and relationship to ISO 9001
Quality Management System procedures, as needed.
- Capture all as build NCR's for 'redline' drawing updates and
coordinate with Engineering to perform/execute within the HCR
process to closure.
- Review and actively comment on drawings, calculations,
specifications and other design inputs/outputs; as required.
- Provide direction and monitor performance in the development &
application of inspection plans: First Article Inspection,
In-Process and Final Product Inspection, Sampling Plans, inspection
and acceptance criteria and Design Validation Testing.
- Monitor and/or perform quality inspection and clerical
activities for First Article Inspection and ongoing part
- Manage Work In Progress (WIP) and Operation Acceptance Test
(OAT) inspection data and prepare statistical and operational
performance reports, as requested by management.
- Working with the C/I team to perform process capability studies
or special studies necessary to increase control and lower total
- Manage WIP materials traceability and assist with Pre-Check and
(Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) Vehicle Reporting for our
- Perform internal audits to assess compliance to Standards and
to the internal Quality System, including investigation,
presentation of observations and findings, and reporting.
- Apply sound systematic problem-solving methodologies in
identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality
constraints/issues/part problems and openly share findings during
Gemba Team walks and during project reviews.
- This role must be proficient in the use quality tools and
practices to establish approval criteria that ensures the
identification of quality failures; using consistent appraisal
techniques for internal and external manufactured parts and
- Provide "lessons learned" report outs (for example A3/8D) and
own" the representation of such" to management for cooperative
enlistment of support
- Provide trending analysis on quality corrective
actions/countermeasures and performance metrics, as well as key
supplier failure data.
- Ownership of supplier part inspection and failure analysis - to
drive quality requirements back to the source. (whether design or
- Support Customer Service to ensure fulfillment of customer
- Coordinate and participates in elements of investigations
regarding customer complaints.
- Actively participate in definition of machine test
requirements, justification of acceptance limits and sampling plans
to assure compliance with requirements.
- Perform product and process evaluations to identify areas for
improvement. Recommend solutions to identified problems. Implement
approved changes using sound quality engineering principles and
fully document requirements on a timely basis.
- Represent Quality on the Project/Program Core Teams, as
- Assist in development, review and approval of new manufacturing
processes and equipment validation/qualifications.
- Participate in the improvement of the manufacturing process for
existing products. Document/Review and approve Work Instructions,
inspection records/documents, Bills of Material and drawings.
- BS Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering
- 7-10 yrs. Experience in heavy industrial manufacturing
- Min 5 years in Quality role
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- Must poses good communication skills, both verbal and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
- Ability to overcome obstacles and pursue alternate methods when
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and
extract, lead, and implement improvement ideas
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and partner with
- Must be time-driven, process a strong product development &
operations attitude, and exhibit strong project management
- In depth knowledge of quality principles, techniques and
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Standards
- Must have either a strong electrical/electronic or
- BS Quality Engineering
- ASQ CQE, ASQ SSGB
- 10+ yrs. experience in heavy industrial manufacturing
- 7 years in Quality role
- Understanding of GD&T
- Understanding of CMM measurement reporting and inspection
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Harsco Rail, Columbia , Quality Engineer - 2nd Shift (Stoneblower), Engineering , West Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!