DevOps Engineer - Service Ops
Company: Boingo Wireless, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast
footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay
connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as
important now, as ever.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team current and future
teammates is our top concern. Therefore, we re conducting our
in-person interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the
power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another,
while following the latest public health recommendations. So,
connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the
people and things they love.
Are you an Ansible expert looking to make a major impact on a
company's cloud systems deployment processes* If so, we are seeking
a DevOPS engineer for Amazon Web Services service operations, and
this role will be responsible for AWS infrastructure development,
configuration management and deployment pipeline framework for our
internal and customer-facing applications and systems. If this
sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
* Develop and maintain deployment tools across hybrid
* Develop and maintain AWS Cloud components deployment tools
* Update and maintain existing tools and automation framework
across hybrid environment
* Define and develop Cloud infrastructure for Boingo
* Work closely with App Developers to build out CI/CD pipelines and
* Mastery of infrastructure as code as relates to Ansible and
* Script with Python for deployment, monitoring, reporting and
alerts ensuring a robust, redundant, scalable 100% uptime
* Inject and integrate Security artifacts and best practices into
AWS Cloud environment
* Implement and strengthen Security and Compliance on AWS
* Assist with AWS Resource and Cost Management
* Creatively solve new complex problems while keeping the solution
* Develop highly repeatable processes and automate wherever
* Help to build and maintain operational infrastructure for a
global WIFI company
* Implement systems that are highly available, scalable on the AWS
* Experience with Ansible framework for deployment automation and
configuration management for On Premises and AWS infrastructure
* Detailed AWS knowledge and experience in EC2, RDS, VPC, R53,
* Experience in container technology and orchestration including
AWS ECS, EKS and Kubernetes
* Deep experience using version control systems such as Git and
* Strong knowledge of configuration management platforms such as
* Experience with CI/CD tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins
* Experience working with developers in an Agile methodology
* Strong experience with standard server software such as MySQL,
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent
deployments to a 0 downtime production environment.
as strong command-line and shell scripting capabilities.
* Fluent communication skills and ability to work in a tight-knit
team environment while maintaining a positive can-do partnership
* Enjoys protecting a high-visibility target while adhering to a
culture of security
* Bachelor s degree in CS or equivalent experience in Engineering
discipline or related field strongly preferred.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay
connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers
more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers
annually in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases,
and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue
through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media,
Wholesale, and more.
We re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by
building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun,
collaborative work environment, with group activities, like
baseball outings, top golf, Halloween costume contest, tailgate
party, quarterly all-hands meetings and more. We offer an
incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental
leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. It s
no wonder we ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA for
five years and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other
things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Boingo Wireless, Inc., Columbia , DevOps Engineer - Service Ops, Engineering , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!