Technician - Mechanic I
Company: Fabick CAT
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime
and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact
construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois,
Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of
Michigan. We have been in business for nearly 100 years and are
headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit
- Primary responsibility of the Mechanic I is to perform minor
repairs and preventive maintenance on customer or company owned
machines as directed. Repairs are made on, but not limited to
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to,
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic machines. Also
includes Preventive maintenance and general machine
- Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer's
specifications though the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and
any specialized tooling provided by Fabick.
- Occasional use of basic welding equipment. Read and interpret
equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance
and service. Research repair needs and order parts as
- Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or
common carrier vehicles.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Any and all duties as assigned.
- High school education or GED equivalent required. Technical,
vocational, trade school education or equivalent is also
- Two to five years' experience performing minor repairs and
preventive maintenance on heavy equipment, Caterpillar
- Knowledge and experience with heavy equipment, mining
equipment, systems, engines and components required.
- Knowledge of basic tools and tool usage, including basic
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment that requires
multitasking while maintaining a high level of
- Must demonstrate good problem solving skills, mechanical
aptitude, excellent communication skills -- both oral and written,
good work habits, above average math, science, and English skills,
the ability to read and interpret machine schematics, self
motivation and a desire to perform at one's highest level.
- Proficiency with computers and aspects of Microsoft office
- MSHA certified, or the ability to be MSHA certified.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write
and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an
individual must be able to do the following additional activities:
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Accommodations will
be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship,
and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform
the essential job functions. The following may be expected to be
encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to
seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, shift
work as needed - 1st and 2nd, working outside, stooping, bending,
squatting, or working in a prone position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: Fabick CAT, Columbia , Technician - Mechanic I, Engineering , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!