Company: Novogradac & Co. LLP
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Novogradac & Company LLP is searching for a Senior Accountant to
join our fast-growing firm. The Senior Accountant will manage a
variety of tax, audit and other assignments as designated by the
Manager. At this level, the Senior Accountant should function with
minimal supervision, and increased focus is placed on supervising
and mentoring Staff, independent problem solving, strengthening
client relationships and increasing team profitability. Some
positions at Novogradac may be open to remote or hybrid work
arrangements depending on business needs. Please discuss available
options with your recruiter.
Your Contributions and Responsibilities
* Complete tax and/or audit projects for designated clients as
directed with minimal oversight by Managers
* Conduct thorough engagement reviews
* Accept increasing responsibility for engagement management
* Recognize potential problem areas during engagements and propose
* Conduct business-specific research - gather and analyze data,
interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations
* Develop, strengthen and maintain effective client relationships
through professionalism, responsiveness and service-oriented
* Enhance skills in the industries the Firm focuses on by seeking
out and completing training courses
* Increase the team's profitability by managing your time and the
time of Staff efficiently, contributing ideas and adding value
* Supervise and mentor Staff Accountants
* Other duties and projects as assigned
* If not already obtained, work toward obtaining a CPA license
Your Background and Skills
* Exhibit a strong understanding of accounting and tax rules
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrate a level of intellectual curiosity
* Perform work accurately and in a time-efficient manner with
strong attention to detail
* Strong organizational and follow-through skills
* Ability to effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied
workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting
* Ability to accept constructive feedback from management and make
adjustments as directed
* Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive,
* Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft
Office suite (particularly Excel) and report writing tools
* Maintain a professional demeanor with coworkers and clients
* Ability to meet internal Firm deadlines (time entry, billing,
* Available to work evenings and weekends based on position needs
and to travel domestically if required
Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting or finance (advanced
degree is a plus), and 3-5 years of experience in public accounting
and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience.
Ability to sit for the CPA exam or passed section of the CPA. CPA
license a plus.
Experience with any of the following is helpful but not mandatory:
Affordable Housing, Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC),
Opportunity Zones (OZ), Renewable Energy Tax Credits (RETC),
Historical Tax Credits (HTC), Housing and Urban Development (HUD),
New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC), Real Estate, Developers,
Partnerships, Housing Authority (HA), Public Housing Authority,
Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI), Community
Development Entity Certification Applications (CDE), Property
Compliance, Nonprofit, Single Audit, Uniform Guidance, A-133,
Forecasting, Cost Segregation, Year 15 Exit, Tax-exempt bond and
Why work with us?
Our firm is committed to providing our people with opportunities to
excel professionally. We believe in the importance of a welcoming
work culture and quality work-life integration to support our staff
as we grow together.
We're leading the way to a better future of work culture.
* Increased number of paid holidays per year
* Competitive salaries with continuous review of market
* Flexible working hours and work arrangements
* Remote and hybrid opportunities
* Expanding Social Impact department for a healthy, happy,
inclusive and productive workplace
The benefits of joining our team
* Strong growth opportunities
* Competitive benefits package
* 401(k) package with firm profit-sharing
* Discretionary annual bonuses for eligible positions & CPA bonus
* Strong emphasis on quality work-life integration
* Dress for your day policy
* Resources of a national firm
Get to know us better!
Hello! We're Novogradac & Company LLP, a national certified public
accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco.
Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown
to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 25 offices
throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation's top 40 certified
public accounting and consulting firms and is a recognized leader
in real estate and community development. Novogradac provides
publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full
spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation
support, property compliance and general consulting services and
works extensively in the affordable housing, community development,
historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
Ready to learn more?
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST
apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment,
competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, paid time off, life/disability insurance,
commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
Novogradac and Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Novogradac's culture is centered on education, acceptance,
innovation and opportunity. We value diversity and respect the
different perspectives that each of our employees bring to
Novogradac no matter their age, race, religion, gender identity or
sexual orientation. We are committed to creating an equitable and
inclusive workplace for our entire workforce.
Keywords: Novogradac & Co. LLP, Columbia , Audit/Tax Senior, Accounting, Auditing , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!