Company: Ameris Bank
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an
exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered
employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and
processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape,
empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and
creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and
passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity
in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble
approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and
approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look
forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our
team.A Teller's primary responsibility is to process transactions
accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies
and procedures. The applicant should be service-oriented,
professional, friendly, and enjoy our fast-paced atmosphere. Our
tellers are required to maintain a high level of satisfaction while
meeting the needs of our customers. - A teller is also expected to
refer products and services as appropriate.Essential Functions,
Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies
organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Provides prompt, professional customer service to customers and
- Operates the teller drawer and performs varied account and
customer servicing accountabilities which may include accepting
deposits, verifying cash and endorsements, issuing receipts,
cashing checks, processing payments and transactions, selling and
redeeming U.S. Savings Bonds, issuing cashier's and traveler's
checks, escorting customers to safe deposit boxes, processing
Treasury Tax & Loan deposits, food stamp deposits and night deposit
- Researches and answers customer inquiries and provides
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and
- Responsible for performing accurate transactions, balancing
each day and verifying cash totals.
- Scans daily proof work to the remote capture machine.
- Identifies customer needs, cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
and makes referrals within the Branch.
- Works to understand the root causes of customer service issues.
Identifies and implements resolutions for routine issues involving
supervisors on more complex issues.
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris's
core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best
interest of the customer when offering additional products and
services.Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Computer proficiency.
- Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using
language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Able to plan, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and
maintain collaborative relationships.
- Successful completion of Teller training program and passing
score on training post-test.Industry and Work Experience:
- Cash handling or sales experience preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred.Academic:
- High school diploma or GED required.Disclaimer:The above job
description is meant to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required for the position.All job requirements are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a
direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of
themselves or other employees. -Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Ameris Bank, Columbia , Teller, Accounting, Auditing , Lexington, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!