C&I Portfolio Manager
Company: Eagle Bancorp, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Tracking Code 1216-948 EAGLEBANK OVERVIEW: Eagle Bancorp, Inc.
headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as
the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly
traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking
operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking
offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of
Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to
specifically address the business and personal needs of local
business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs
for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local
access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making,
and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.-- Our
Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank
by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers,
employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most
compelling service and value. Eagle Bank's Values are:
Relationships F--I--R--S--T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive,
Strong, and Trusted. GENERAL SUMMARY: The Portfolio Manager II, in
conjunction with one or more C&I Relationship Managers (RM),
actively manages, services and grows each assigned loan portfolio.
The Portfolio Manager II, under limited oversight, drives the
credit process by facilitating the collection of financial
information from clients and prospects, overseeing the credit
analysis and underwriting of credit, preparing and submitting
credit packages for the approval of new loans and for the renewal
of existing loans, working with the Relationship Manager(s) to
draft term sheets/loan proposals, reviewing loan documents, both
internally and attorney prepared, for accuracy prior to loan
closing and the day-to-day management of upcoming maturities, past
dues and documentation exceptions. MAJOR DUTIES AND
- Takes independent responsibility for the credit process.
- Ensures that all loans are reviewed or renewed prior to the
maturity or reaffirmation date.
- Proactively engages the bank's Credit Department to coordinate
the credit analysis and underwriting of loan transactions.
- Maintains timeliness and accuracy of credit analysis and
underwriting work product.
- Ensures the accuracy of credit packages prior to completion and
submission to the appropriate approver.
- Actively escalates any credit quality issues or deficiencies
within 24 hours of identification.
- Maintains consistent customer contact (Owner, Principal,
Controller, CFO, or CEO), to obtain requisite credit
- Coordinates with internal and external parties (appraisers,
environmental engineers, attorneys, title companies) to close and
modify loan transactions.
- Works with the relationship team to mitigate past dues and
- Reviews and signs off on advance requests and borrowing base
- Participates on phone calls and/or face to face meetings with
prospective and existing clients. Required Education/Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance,
Accounting or related field required; 4 additional years of
commercial credit underwriting and analysis experience may be
substituted for bachelors degree.
- Completion of formal or in-house credit training required; OR
advanced degree such as CPA or MBA accepted in lieu of formal
credit and experience
- 3 years of commercial credit analysis, portfolio management and
customer service experience required; advanced degree accepted in
lieu of work experience Preferred Education/Experience:
- Experience structuring and pricing loan transactions to achieve
organizational goals preferred. Required Certifications, Licenses
or systems needed:
- General knowledge of credit underwriting, including cash flow
and collateral analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- --Bank product knowledge preferred Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in credit underwriting, including cash flow and
- Proven ability to identify sales opportunities withing a
commercial loan environment
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Familiarity with bank Customer Relationship Management ("CRM")
- Working knowledge of Moody's Risk Analyst or equivalent
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Asset Based Lending, Government Contract Lending,
and/or Special Assets
Keywords: Eagle Bancorp, Inc., Columbia , C&I Portfolio Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!