Business Analyst III (Billing)
Company: Duck Creek Technologies
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing
ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and
works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly,
challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?"
over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do
things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to
reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world's oldest and
largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange,
and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may
be looking for you.
Business Analyst III (Product: Billing)
The Business Analyst III will work under minimal supervision while
analyzing and designing new business processes. The Business
Analyst III participates in documenting customer requirements to
assist the development team in implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Business Architect and other stakeholders to
assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer
- Elicits detailed product requirements and use cases, and
develops and maintains the business requirements.
- Participates in transitioning the requirements and use cases to
the technical team, and ensures a clear and complete understanding
of the requirements.
- Participates in quality management reviews as outlined in the
Quality Management practice, in particular reviews of the designs,
prototypes and other requirement work products.
- Translates requirements and use cases into test conditions and
expected results for product and user acceptance testing.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, or higher education level, or
foreign equivalent, preferably in area with analytic emphasis
- Minimum of 5 years' professional experience, preferably in a
- Experience interfacing with customers, including customer
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience in requirements gathering, identifying gaps,
estimating, implementation, test planning and execution, and User
Acceptance Testing definition and execution
- Experience translating requirements and use cases into test
conditions and expected results for assembly, product, and user
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for
P&C insurance software a plus
- Travel: 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country
of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally
and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Keywords: Duck Creek Technologies, Columbia , Business Analyst III (Billing), Accounting, Auditing , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!