Pharmacy Financial Analyst - Georgetown Memorial Hospital (Georgetown, SC)
Company: Tidelands Health
Posted on: February 16, 2020
- Maintains 340B program integrity with all Tidelands Health
based settings that utilize 340B pricing, including mixed use and
non-mixed-use areas, through systems for audits, inventory
tracking, 340B split-bill management and pharmacy purchasing
- Completes required inventory and 340B purchasing program
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of 340B program overall
and in relation to specific topics e.g. contract pharmacies, when
- Provides financial data and analysis as it relates to the 340B
program, program savings, program compliance and 340B audits.
- Maintains policies and procedures for financial system
controls, including 340B policies and procedures.
- Provides proactive education to staff on policies and
procedures related to inventory management and 340B program
- Manages auditing, optimization and analysis of 340B and other
- Identify, compile, and manage financial data efficiently from
- Accurately report monthly financial activity of operational
areas to pharmacy leadership; research trends and variances.
- Assists Pharmacy leadership with pharmacy supply chain
analytics across the pharmacy departments.
- Research and calculate the impact of operational changes to
budget, financial data, financial systems, etc. And the impact of
the changes to the department.
- Works collaboratively across teams and departments to support
and maintain appropriate inventory of pharmaceuticals and supplies,
supply chain regulatory compliance and supply chain integrity as
- Responds to all levels of management as needed for information
requests as they relate to financial statements, budgets,
projections and other accounting related areas.
- Work closely with Health System Finance and Reimbursement areas
on all financial matters and implications.When needed works with
clinics, research labs and grants for drug purchasing and
distribution of medications.QUALIFICATIONSExperience:
- Five (5) years progressively responsible experience with a 340B
program strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in health care field with
pharmaceutical knowledge, including type of drugs and dosage, or
implementation and/or maintenance support of a hospital pharmacy
computer system required.
- Experience leading small groups to facilitate outcomes,
communicating outcomes to management, auditing for compliance,
analyzing financial impact of a department/business unit, and
applying advanced-level analytical skills to provide data-driven
- Experience with vendor interactions and/or Health Resources and
Services Administration (HRSA). Education:
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, healthcare
administration, accounting or related field required.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Applicable experience/training may be a substitute for formal
- Apexus 340B training/certificate required or must be completed
within 1 year of hire date.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and
governmental regulations as applied to modern healthcare financial
- Knowledge of the principles of statistical analysis as applied
to the development and design of financial reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in financial system
applications and software.
- Experience with database development and management.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word,
- SQL or Access database, and/or Power BI reporting tools
- Ability to work effectively and independently managing tasks in
a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to
manipulate and understand complex information.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with proven
ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must and ability to read and interpret
regulations and communicate that interpretation in operational and
laymans terms.Physical Requirements: Light Physical Agility Test
(PAT) RatingWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee
is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the
time) required to stand, sit, and walk; frequently to use hands,
fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert up
to 15 pounds of force occasionally (activity or condition exists up
to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently,
and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.Job ID: 2019-6830 Shift: Weekday - Days
External Company URL: http://www.tidelandshealth.org/ Street: 606
Black River Road
Keywords: Tidelands Health, Columbia , Pharmacy Financial Analyst - Georgetown Memorial Hospital (Georgetown, SC), Accounting, Auditing , Columbia, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!